Sunday, December 02, 2007

See-saw Forecast

I have gone back and forth on this forecast so much all weekend, but now that things are actually happening, I think that a combination of forecasts are coming together to be the most likely scenario. We picked up nearly 4" of snow last night and I think it is a safe bet to say we can squeeze another 1-4" out of this, putting us right in the 5-8" range I predicted. However, I underestimated the warm air aloft, which means the sleet and freezing rain that has started to occur will continue.

Right now, there is a bit of a lull in the storm as the first wave of energy passes. The low itself is still back to our west and is enhancing the precipitation downstream of us. This will move in later this evening and last through tomorrow morning.

As for a day off from school, I am less confident now than yesterday, but I still think there is a decent chance. I would think at the very least a delay would be in store. I will try to update with a more certain answer tonight, but I may not be able to before 9:30 or 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment